Order forms in webpages
keggler
2005-02-04 11:36:11 UTC

I want to design a simple order form for goods; something like: item
name, stock code, availability, and have the customer request an item
via a tick box and a quantity field; then pass this information into a
simple email order form (no secure credit cards or anything like that
just now)...

Will I have to write/run all this server-side? Or will it work in
Javascript within the browser?

Will I need say, a database of stock that is displayed and
interogated?

Does anyone know of any "off-the-shelf" solutions? Or am I faced with
coding a bespoke system?

TIA

Susan
Plop Plop Plop
2005-02-04 20:36:28 UTC
<freeserve.webspace.authoring , keggler , ***@tiscali.co.uk>
<***@posting.google.com>
<4 Feb 2005 03:36:11 -0800>
Post by keggler
I want to design a simple order form for goods; something like: item
name, stock code, availability, and have the customer request an item
via a tick box and a quantity field; then pass this information into a
simple email order form (no secure credit cards or anything like that
just now)...
Will I have to write/run all this server-side? Or will it work in
Javascript within the browser?
Will I need say, a database of stock that is displayed and
interogated?
If you would be getting the order via email - would that not be upto
yourself to check .

You could hack http://www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker for the javascript but
you would need to find a alternative method than the cut-n-paste method
at the bottom or you would be saying ta ta to a percentage of potential
customers .