FTP problems on 'Freeserve' webspace (uploads.webspace.freeserve.net)
Stephen Chalmers
2006-10-25 04:27:38 UTC
In case anyone else is having problems logging in/uploading files to:
uploads.webspace.freeserve.net using the old number: 0845 079 6699.
Changing to: 0844 056 4000 should solve the problem. Remember to
precede with 1470, if your CLI is blocked.
Max Demian
2006-10-25 08:41:35 UTC
Post by Stephen Chalmers
uploads.webspace.freeserve.net using the old number: 0845 079 6699.
Changing to: 0844 056 4000 should solve the problem. Remember to
precede with 1470, if your CLI is blocked.
Are you sure it makes a difference which number you are dialled in by? I
would have thought it would either let you connect or not.

I only dial in with a chargeable number every now and again to keep my spare
account alive, and am still using the 0845 number. Maybe next time I'll try
accessing the FTP server.
Max Demian
Stephen Chalmers
2006-10-25 17:41:46 UTC
Post by Max Demian
Post by Stephen Chalmers
uploads.webspace.freeserve.net using the old number: 0845 079 6699.
Changing to: 0844 056 4000 should solve the problem. Remember to
precede with 1470, if your CLI is blocked.
Are you sure it makes a difference which number you are dialled in by? I
would have thought it would either let you connect or not.
Yes it does make a difference as I discovered for myself, which is why
I mentioned it.