Selecting new window from menu
James Dow Allen
2006-02-11 11:58:05 UTC
I need to select a webpage based on a menu selection.
Here is my html page:
http://tinyurl.com/yw4j6/baddemo.htm

(Some popup-blockers prevent the new windows.
It would be nice to avoid that, but my question here
is about other misbehaviour, eg. switching to new
window before user completes click.)

The page seems to work with Netscape but sometimes works
improperly with Internet Explorer. The page above is very short
and simple (it's based on the bigger "altix.htm" page in the
same directory). Any help will be appreciated. Is there a way
to do a similar thing without Javascript?

No money to offer, but I will be glad to offer credit/advertisement
on my pages for whoever shows me how to fix this!

Thanks for any help,
James
i***@lycos.co.uk
2006-02-19 00:43:01 UTC
Post by James Dow Allen
I need to select a webpage based on a menu selection.
http://tinyurl.com/yw4j6/baddemo.htm
(Some popup-blockers prevent the new windows.
It would be nice to avoid that, but my question here
is about other misbehaviour, eg. switching to new
window before user completes click.)
The page seems to work with Netscape but sometimes works
improperly with Internet Explorer. The page above is very short
and simple (it's based on the bigger "altix.htm" page in the
same directory). Any help will be appreciated. Is there a way
to do a similar thing without Javascript?
No money to offer, but I will be glad to offer credit/advertisement
on my pages for whoever shows me how to fix this!
Use onchange instead of onclick.

Make the first option a prompt rather than a selectable choice, that
way selecting a valid option always causes a change to occur. To allow
the same choice to be repeated immediately, add: this.selectedIndex=0
to the onchange handler.

Modify makeLinkTo() so that nothing happens if selectedIndex==0
--
S.C.